A past to preserve...
A present to build...
Imagining things to come...
...That's our "KNOW-HOW" in action!
It's a date at the
Centre Sheraton Montreal!
May 29th-June 1st, 2013
Probably, you need to make few changes in your home, and that rises the need to work with Calgary custom renovations professionals that give your home the overhaul it needs. It also gives homeowners the satisfaction of living in a new space. By simply adding an extra kitchen cabinet, changing the layout or moving a wall, a new sense of space is created.
Calgary custom renovations aim at customizing each room/space to suit the needs of the individual. Custom renovations can be carried out in living spaces such as:
People who love their kitchens will do anything to transform it to their dream kitchen model. Never underestimate the effect that will be created by new counter-tops and cabinetry to the overall kitchen look.
Tips for renovating the kitchen
- Select material of the best quality possible.
- Select an elegant working surface such as ceramic, marble, slate or granite.
- If possible, incorporate a dining area. It may be high chairs, counter or bench.
- Choose reliable and classic appliances.
- Aim at maximizing vertical space by installing cabinets that reach the ceiling level. Install a kitchen island (if your budget allows)
- Avoid textured or light surfaces in the bid to simplify maintenance.
We spend some quality and alone time in our bathrooms. Why not spruce it up a little? Add the custom built cabinet for your shower products or a beautiful granite tile top.
Tips for bathroom renovations:
- Choose elegant features
- Invest in a quality tub. It should offer enough room to stretch. Also, it should offer foot and neck support.
- Select durable flooring such as ceramic, stone tiles or marbles as they are water resistant and durable.
- Design a lighting that will work for you.
The basement is one of the areas that most homeowners neglect. Most basements serve as attic storage space. There are several features that can be added to the basement during renovations. Small entertainment appliances, a mini bar or even an extra bedroom are some of the basement adjustments that can be made.
Factors to consider before renovating your basement
- Ensure you have sufficient height. Heating and water pipes tend to lower the available height.
- Ensure at the ground floor is leveled and not humid.
- Conceal pipes and joists. Adding a suspended ceiling will soundproof the basement and conceal the pipes. Installing drywall and paint is another alternative.
- Focus on the lighting that will be installed. Do not forget the fact that daylight in the basement area tends to be more limited.
Is your brick wall bowing? Bowing is when the wall swells on the outside. A bowing wall is a great opportunity for custom renovations at your home.
- The entire surface reaching to the door lintels or windows should be demolished under normal circumstances.
- That allows easy fixing of the anchors, flashing installation and replacement of angle irons.
- Reinstalling the bricks completes the work.
However, it is important to involve a qualified mason in the process. By that, it will make you avoid mistakes which will make you regret later.
Join more than 600 other participants at MONTREAL 2013, a city, a conference, an occasion where knowledge will be shared.
IMPORTANT DATES TO KEEP IN MIND
CONFERENCE REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
The Sheraton offers numerous perks at a very advantageous price just for our conference attendees. We’ve negotiated a special rate just for you starting at $199.00 per night until the 13th of May!
Click on the Travel and Accommodations tab above!
This year’s social evening will be like no other! MOULIN ROUGE/CABARET will be an exciting night of dance, song, food and drink, Montreal style. In... Read more
The Sheraton offers numerous perks at a very advantageous price just for our conference attendees. We’ve negotiated a special rate just for... Read more
Our exciting Companions program is now online! Visit the Companions program page for more information.Opera/CuisneCHECK OUT WHAT CTV NEWS IS SAYING... Read more
Co-Chair - Technical Committee